At the 2013 Winter NAMM Show this year, PianoDisc, the cutting-edge manufacturer of digital player piano technology, celebrated its 25th Year Anniversary. Here’s the Top 10 highlights from the world of PianoDisc — useful information for both current PianoDisc owners and prospective owners!
1. The new website www.pianodisc.com was launched a couple weeks ago and is a major improvement, especially concerning the process of acquiring PianoDisc music. All PianoDisc music has now been converted to the MP3 format which eliminates the need for their MusiConnect software (a utility program that used to be needed to convert their proprietary format into one that iTunes can read). You can now simply purchase the album and download the MP3 files to a folder on your computer instantly without waiting. Now you can open that folder in iTunes and easily sync up your device!
Note: MusiConnect is still available for those who wish to still import MIDI Files (0 & 1) from the web and add these files to iTunes and your library. Please remember MusiConnect still contains the important patented technology of “Always Play” which will assign the lead instrument (i.e. Guitar, Flute, Organ, etc.) as an Acoustic Piano to play the keys part on your instrument. Essentially, you have an unlimited amount of music available to you on the web as a result.
2. Due to changing PianoDisc’s music files to the MP3 format they were able to reduce the price of their music significantly; Vintage selections being only $19.95 rather than $33.95 for example.
3. New “PianoTube LIVE!” is launched! This groundbreaking exclusive YouTube channel plays the PianoDisc enabled piano live at the viewer’s location when they watch one of the channel’s YouTube videos or live streaming events. Any PianoDisc customer having their acoustic piano equipped with the iQ “Intelligent Player System” is able to literally see and hear the artist perform on their piano, at the their location — all from simply playing a YouTube video. http://www.youtube.com/user/PianoTubeLive Another first from PianoDisc!
4. The iQ iPad Mini Air has been introduced for sale through PianoDisc and PianoDisc dealers, which is a less expensive alternative to the very popular iQ iPad Air system. It will come with preloaded music, making it a much better deal for PianoDisc customers than simply purchasing it from Apple or an Apple reseller.
5. Due to the incredible success of the Apple iDevices and how they can be married with their innovative iQ techology (which features the patented “One-Touch Volume Control” where they can use the native controls on any device) they are able to tap into hundreds of different Apps. One incredible App showcased at NAMM was the new CMP Piano App which has a great Grand Piano sampling, permitting the user to perform QuietTime or Record themselves if the user has the Mobile Performance Package and Piano MuteRail installed on their piano.
6. Apple introduced the latest OS6 Update which now provides PianoDisc users with built-in Audio Balance Control. Manual control using a Balance Control Box is longer required if you are using your iTouch, iPhone or iPad to play your piano. Simple go into “Settings” on your iDevice and adjust the balance between the Piano and Audio under “Accessability” in the “General” settings category. It is that easy!
7. PianoDisc’s “Classical & More” Streaming Radio Station will be expanded in the upcoming year. They received such a positive response when they recently offered the free “Christmas Station” during the holiday season that PianoDisc is going to offer a greater variety for customers that like to use this feature. The new stations will be divided into “Classical, Ragtime & Stride, Spa, Vintage, Chinese and Christmas (seasonally)” for the free stations and later including a subscription service for more contemporary music stations like “Popular and Jazz.” The free “TuneIn Radio” App can currently play their streaming radio station if you add PianoDisc’s address to the “Custom URL” setting under “Favorites.” Simply type in http://pianodisc.streamguys.tv/listen.pls and start enjoying endless playback.
8. The latest update of the PianoDisc Remote App (pictured below) has been released making it even easier to use. Offering more than audio balance control and direct streaming of their PianoDisc Radio Station, it also permits the customer “Scheduling” start and stop times, three times a day, seven days a week and also create Playlists on the fly and store them in a “Music Chest.” It is a great tool for every PianoDisc owner.
9. New Software Releases for 2013 will include performances by their newest artist, Jarrod Radnich, as well as several new PianoSync Creator albums such as: Amy Grant: Legacy … Hymns & Faith, Celine Dion: All The Way – A Decade of Song, Andrea Bocelli: Amore, Andrea Bocelli: Toscana, Santana: Ultimate Santana, Travis Tritt: T-r-o-u-b-l-e, Sheryl Crow: The Very Best Of, Eva Cassidy: Songbird, Il Divo: Siempre, LeAnn Rimes: This Woman, Norah Jones: Feels Like Home, Frank Sinatra: The Capitol Years, Lady Gaga: Fame, Michael Jackson: Thriller, Whitney Houston: The Ultimate Collection, Justin Bieber: My World, and many more.
All of us here at chicagopianos.com and Cordogan’s congratulate the PianoDisc family as they celebrate 25 years at the forefront of digital player piano technology! For more information on PianoDisc or PianoDisc products, please call us at 630-584-5000 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org!